Friday, April 13, 2012

Still not right.

Such a bummer.  I think I will be changing my meds when I go see Dr. D next week.  My carbamazepine was working really well for quite a while.  And in some ways it still is.  I no longer have my 24/7 headache.  Truly amazing to not live with that anymore! But now my electric shocks are coming to me all day long.  Sometimes they each last a few seconds but more and more often they last me way longer, or are back to back to back.  We went up to the very highest possible dosage at my last appointment, so we are not able to increase it any further.  Something is not quite right with me and this medication and I think we need to look at something else.  We are on the right track, but still not quite all right.

I am nervous.  I know that there are hundreds of meds out there to try, but I am finally used to these side effects.  I know how my body reacts to them and I am dealing with it.  My family is getting used to my forgetful brain and my new occasional stutter.  Now I will have to start all over.  it is a daunting feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting