Sunday, May 20, 2012

Physical Therapy, oh how I love you!

So as part of my new treatment my doctor put me on a muscle relaxer 2-3 times a day and Physical Therapy. I went to a new PT building which is actually a new athletic/rehabilitation center for the hospital. I CAN NOT speak more highly of the treatment I have been getting there. 100 times better then what i receiving before in the other location!! They are doing warm-ups, stretches, massage, exercises, and the newest thing, traction. OMG I LOVE traction. Have any of you tried it before? They have done both manual and machine traction and both are amazing. I am seeing huge results. I went from having 100's of those stabbing/electric shock pains throughout my day to about 20-30. Some days only a handful. I don't want it to ever end!!!

5 comments:

Candy Rowe said...

I'm so glad of how passionate you are when it comes to physical therapy. This would definitely increase the chances of accelerating the healing process, Arnie. Chiropractors use decompression therapy, a type of therapy that decompress structures, but has the same result as traction therapy.

Sienna Christie said...

I hope my niece is as optimistic as you when it comes to physical therapy. It’s been a month after her surgery, and she’s still hesitant with PT sessions. I think she's just really afraid at the moment and that she just needs more motivation in order for her to do it. I will let her read this blog post. Maybe you can inspire her! :))

Jaye Fiecke said...

You really didn’t expect that you’re going to love physical therapy, didn’t you? Haha! I liked how you reacted on your previous sessions. Well, that’s what it is! At first, a lot of people are either hesitant or even afraid to try it, but after going through with the therapy, they wouldn’t want to stop anymore. ;)

new jersey chiropractors said...

Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

Unknown said...

Nice Post, Thanks for your very useful information

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting