Friday, August 24, 2012

Chocolate and Vicodin


Last night was so amazing. I got the book "Chocolate and Vicodin: My quest for relief from the headache that wouldn't go away" by Jennette Fulda out from the library. I started it last night and after just reading the first chapter I truly felt like I wrote it. It was literary deja vu if you will! lol. I stayed up wayyyyy too late reading because I just couldn't put it down- I am already 105 pages in! Please go get this book. It is like reading your own life, which makes it erie in a way. But reassuring as well.

I think I am going to go out and buy this book for my parents and my sister. It is a great way for them to see that it isn't just me. (I don't think they fully understand the extent of what I am going through). As a matter of fact I want everyone to read it. It makes me want to open up myself and actually share my blog with my friends and family. I don't know what it is that changed me considering I talk to my wonderful support club friends about this life of ours every day. But this book hit me on a very deep level.  I guess her openness with the world about her debilitating, invisible, chronic illness just inspires me so much.  She is so brave.  I want to be that brave.  I can't stop thinking about this book. I feel as though she must be my long lost twin sister who shared my story since I didn't have the guts. weird I know. but true.

Every bit of this book felt like it was my story, beginning to end.  Like it was ripped out of the pages of my diary, only Jennette is much funnier ;)  I wish I could go out and meet her in real life, to have such a parallel life with another individual that I have never met before- crazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting