Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What did Momma Tomato say to Baby Tomato?




....Ketchup!  

Yeah, I know it is a bad joke.  At least I am keeping a sense of humor, right? lol


I am so, so mad at myself. I forgot to take my morning dose of pills TWO DAYS IN A ROW. Now my face feels like it is on fire, my legs ache like I ran a marathon (and trust me. I don't run.) and I want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon. Now I know I can't do this to myself. My tegertol dose is much too high for me to drop so low so quickly. But it was complete forgetfulness. There was even a point today when I was sitting at my kitchen table and I thought to myself "Amie, I dont think you took your pills today." Now did I get up to check? NOPE. argggggg. So now I suffer. What a dummy.

On another note. I am very proud of myself. At my last blogging event I admitted to everyone that I have a neurological headache disorder and even have a blog for it. There were about 15 people there so it was a big step for me. Telling people that I know in real life about this part of me. I know I shouldn't be so nervous. But I am!  It really is silly, I know.  But I am getting there.  Baby steps.

Yesterday I found out that my dear friend and neighbor has a brain tumor.  It has been the cause of her CDH for the past 10 months.  She finally pushed to get some answers and goodness, answers she got.  She came over this afternoon for some coffee and to fill me in on her condition.  I know a while back I said at one point I wished I had a tumor instead of my ON/TN.  Shame on me.  She is being so brave.  So, So Brave. But I am terribly scared for her.  It is in the frontal part of her brain, the best place to get it if you are going to get a brain tumor.  And it is easily operable and easily removable.  But goodness, it is still brain surgery.  Dear Lord please take after my sweet friend.  This all just hits so close to home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this good read!
! I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it. I have
you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post…
Also see my page - adrenogenous

Crystal @EatDrinkClev said...

Having this disorder is nothing to be ashamed about! So glad you are able to open up and discuss. I think you'll find that most people have some kind of issue that they are dealing with too.

Amie said...

Thank you Crystal! I wanna hug you :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting