Thursday, August 23, 2012

bye bye anxiety



Isn't that the truth!

I have had so much anxiety, it has been eating me up alive.  I am naturally a homebody, but this was getting ridiculous.  If I had more then one thing on my plate I would freak out.  I seriously had no idea how on earth i was going to get it done along with taking care of the house and the children.  When the kids would misbehave it was like it was the end of the world.  I just couldn't keep things in perspective.  I know it is a combination of the side effects of my new medications and just the plain old stress of my ON and TN.  But no matter how much i tried to keep it all together, I couldn't.

I finally brought it up to my Dr. after having a major melt down to Scott about it all and she put me on an anti-anxiety drug called Celexa.  I have been on it since the middle of June and can I just tell you this- I feel like a NEW WOMAN!  I don't feel spacey or strange.  I don't feel emotionless or any of those feelings I was afraid I would feel being on an anti-anxiety pill.  I actually don't feel like I am on anything at all as a matter of fact.  I just feel like AMIE is back.  I don't get stressed out anymore.  I rarely get so overwhelmed with the kids that i need to yell.  I just feel so much happier and at ease.  Thank you again Dr. D!  Hopefully i won't need to be on it forever, but at least right now while I am coming to terms with my conditions, this is a good place to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting