Thursday, January 19, 2012

Isn't going to the doctor how YOU choose to spend your birthday?

Happy birthday to me! So I got to see my doctor today- isn't that what everyone chooses to do on their birthday- go to their doctor?! lol. It really was a great visit, though. I always leave her office feeling so positive and with so much hope. I ♥ her. Anyways, she is upping my tegretol and decreasing my beta-blockers (which I take as preventatives for my migraines). She thinks I wont need the beta blockers since I am on tegretol. Fingers crossed that I don't get dumb, can't spell and get migraines all at the same time!  

It looks like I am having increasing tension and pain in the muscle in the back of the head, the same one that controls your eyebrows and forehead.  When this muscle is sore and inflamed it is triggering nerve pain in the side and back of the head.  She gave me a 2 week rx for Naprosin to get the inflammation down.  I go back to her in one month for a follow up.

Both of my kids go to a different doctor at the same family practice. The one they usually see has always made me crazy. I always got the feeling that she and I could be friends if I never met her in the office. But as a doctor of my kids I never really liked her. She just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.  I mean, how many doctor's that deal with children don't know how to put a diaper on a kid?!  Or never ask about milestones.  Or really just seem flighty in general.  maybe we wouldn't be friends..... Anyways, I was in the process of looking for a new pediatrician at the same time I was going to start searching for a new GP for myself. Low and behold that is when Dr. D arrived at the office. She not only specializes in women's health, but children as well. If that isn't a sign I don't know what is. I officially moved myself and both of my kids to her today.  *two checks off the BIG list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting